Ms. Dimple Puri , Vice Principal and Science Educator at DLF World School, Greater Noida has been recommended for the CBSE Teachers Award 2019
A progressive teacher, she has had varied experience of over 21 years in teaching classes from VI to X. She is a post graduate in Botany and B.Ed from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab).
The rationale behind her classroom strategy is to emphasize upon practical application of knowledge, integrate SDGs in the curriculum and foster 21st century skills to help her students become responsible citizens with a global outlook. Her classroom methodologies are based on:
- Critical thinking through activities like circle time and Jigsaw puzzle.
- Collaborative Learning through Online surveys, Neighborhood surveys, Group Discussions.
- Facilitates guided to self learning through Interdisciplinary Project Based Learning, Peer teaching, Community Outreach programs, Educational Excursions and effective usage of Campus as a Resource.
- Creates engaging classrooms with ICT based tools like Popplet, Mentimeter, Kahoot, Paddlet, Quizziz, Quizlet, Nearpod etc.
- Models flexibility by evoking students’ choice to alternate assessment tools like OTBA, Art Integrated assessments, Self and Peer assessments, STEM based activities etc.
She also leads her team with an expertise in varied fields of curriculum planning, inclusivity, pedagogy and innovation, value based education, resource management, capacity building of teachers, research based classroom practices, engaging classroom program, SDG based activities and creating flexible learning spaces in the classroom context.
She is a British Council School Ambassador and is actively involved with assignments like assessment and briefings sessions. She’s a widely published author, and has written pieces on the aforementioned topics in Teacher, Cambridge India, Scoo News to name a few. She has also been conferred twice with Life Empowerment Award in the category of Teacher Leader ship in Life skills and Value Education and Inclusive Education for children with special needs by Expressions India in collaboration with CBSE. She has also received the Rex Karamveer award for contribution in the field of social inclusion. She has also represented her school on various International and National platforms like PASCH Principals Meet 2017 held in Bangkok.
With the global citizenship approach as an Ambassador at SDG Choupal, she envisions to create her school as a thinking school with a soul where students and educators collaborate to strive towards sustainability.
She accredits this prestigious award to her mentor Dr Ashok Pandey, Director Ahlcon Group of schools and Dr Mrignaini of DLF World School , her worthy colleagues, parents, family and her beloved students.