The Covid pandemic has brought to the fore the global repercussions due to human negligence. Today, we accept that environmental issues are interconnected with the economy and experts are of the opinion that we will not be able to develop our economy without addressing environmental issues.
Hence, Socio Story Foundation (SSF) is organising a virtual conference on “Aligning Economy with Ecology (SDG 13)” on November 7 from 4 pm onwards. One-of-its-kind, this online event is being conducted to create awareness on various aspects of the environment and at the same time to promote sustainability among youth. Climate change is real and it’s one of the most pressing issues in the world that requires our attention. We at Socio Story believe that awareness on climate change is important in order to sensitize youth on sustainable living.
Manoj Pachauri, Founder of Socio Story, said, “The present situation calls for a transformation to a ‘Green Economy’ which is in line with the environment. A positive connection between ecology and economy can help in increasing the well-being of the society and at the same to conserve our natural resources.”
“The event is being hosted with a motive to derive solutions from the environmental stalwarts, which could be implemented in the long run,” added Pachauri.
To speakers for this national event are:
1. Grammy awardee Ricky Kej- an Indian composer, music producer and Environmentalist
2. Grammy nominee Lonnie Park (USA)- a vocalist, keyboardist, songwriter, engineer, producer.
3. Padma Bhushan awardee Dr Anil Prakash Joshi- an Indian green activist, social worker, botanist and the founder of HESCO.
4. Magsaysay awardee Dr Rajendra Singh (Waterman of India)- Indian water conservationist and environmentalist.
5. Ms. Parul Kumar, Co-Founder of Prabhaav Foundation
The topic of the event is; “Why economies of environment has become the need of the hour?”
The discussion will be around the following points:
1. How to address the environmental issues? 2. Concepts of equity, fairness, right and justice when applied to the environment.
About Socio Story:
Socio Story is a social community platform, where social change makers can share their tale & journey of toil, grit and leadership towards achieving their social goals for creating better India. We feature & give a platform to Unsung Social Change makers, spread positive news, celebrate their success, showcase the positive social impact work of lesser known or unvoiced change makers.